You want to:
- contact the people who maintain this wiki: email email@example.com.
- get an overview of wikis: view this video
- view this sicw wiki: That's simple -- you are already doing that. To view other pages on the wiki, follow the links in the menu at the bottom of any page you view or on the home page, which you can return to by clicking on the banner at the top.
- get beyond frustration when you see strange messages or have difficulties seeing what you have seen before?: Don't get turned off the wiki -- it's probably a problem with your browser or, temporarily, with your internet server or wikispaces itself. Try a different browser, wait 20 minutes and try again, or ask for help from someone who has used the wiki before.
- print a page without the sidebars, etc.: add after the URL the following: ?f=print
- make changes to the sicw wiki (e.g., edit the text, add a wikipage, insert a picture): For this you have to be a member of the sicw wiki.
- join the sicw wiki? First you need to create a user name and password that applies for the whole realm of wikispaces (not only the sicw wiki). Go to https://www.wikispaces.com/user/join to do that. Make a record of your username and password so you don't forget them. There is no need to create a space (i.e., a wiki) of your own using the option at the bottom of the sign up form. After all that, use the back button on your browser to come back to this page.
- join the sicw wiki now you have a username and password: go to space/join and click on the link at the bottom "already a member?" (which means already a member of the whole wikispaces realm, not already a member of this specific sicw wiki).
- have guest access to contribute, contact wikimeister.
- create a new wikipage, click on the + button next to "Pages and Files" in the menu. Make the name of your new page helpful to anyone who comes later and wants to see what part of SICW it relates to.
- learn how to edit, create pages, insert pictures, etc.: Experiment in the sandbox and visit the help button up on the top right.
- recover from some disastrous editing mistake?, contact wikimeister.
- know who the other contributors are?: Click on the members button at the bottom, then on the icon of the member to see their general wikispaces profile OR view the profiles prepared for this sicw wiki (visible only to wiki members).
- let other contributors know who you are?: Edit your own general wikispaces profile by visiting https://www.wikispaces.com/page/edit/user.xx (where xx is replaced by your user name) and your -/_Profiles/YourfirstnameYourlastname (profile for this sicw wiki, visible only to wiki members).
- create your own wiki separate from the sicw wiki: go ahead and fill in the optional part 4 of the box on http://www.wikispaces.com.
A Creative Commons License governs this space. Contributors should note that:
- You are letting others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work but only if they give you credit.
- You are allowing others to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs your work.
- You are letting others copy, distribute, display, and perform your work, but for noncommercial purposes only.
under which wikispaces operate includes an idemnity clause that makes the contributor liable if someone sues them for content you contribute to a wikispace. If this worries you, please feel free not to contribute.